Selecting an appropriate waste collection provider

Selecting an appropriate waste collection provider

Waste disposal stands as a thriving industry in Ireland, boasting an annual revenue of approximately €350 million, with numerous household waste collection companies contributing to this substantial figure. The country accommodates around 40 waste collection companies, encompassing both household and commercial waste, albeit varying significantly in size and customer outreach. Approximately ten of these entities operate on a smaller scale, serving customers in the hundreds rather than the thousands.

Data from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for the year 2021 reveals that Ireland generated a staggering 3.17 million tonnes of waste. Among this substantial volume, 57% originated from households, while the remaining 43% emanated from commercial and public service sources. The distribution of waste collection providers across regions influences the options available to consumers, with most areas offering a choice between at least two companies.

Factors such as the frequency and volume of waste disposal should influence your decision.

Selecting an appropriate waste collection provider involves a series of steps. Begin by identifying the providers available in your locality through their respective websites. The subsequent crucial step is to compare prices, considering weight allowances offered by each company. For some, pay-per-lift options might be advantageous. Conor Walsh, a representative of the Irish Waste Management Association (IWMA), advises tailoring your choice to your specific needs and circumstances.

Factors such as the frequency and volume of waste disposal should influence your decision. For instance, if you are a pensioner living alone with minimal waste output, a plan emphasizing pay-as-you-go options rather than service charges might be more suitable. The market’s competitiveness prompts consumers to explore alternative providers, particularly considering recent price hikes by many waste collection companies.

According to Mr. Walsh, underlying costs, particularly labor and fuel, have been rising for waste collection companies, necessitating adjustments in pricing. However, he emphasizes the robust competition within the Irish market. Ireland’s unique system, where every bin is weighed, allows for accurate customer feedback on waste weights, enabling charging based on weight or lift frequency. Mr. Walsh underscores the importance of waste segregation while acknowledging Ireland’s advanced position in this regard. Ultimately, the extent of choice available to consumers is contingent on their geographical location.

Selecting an appropriate waste collection provider
Selecting an appropriate waste collection provider

Removal of household rubbish from your garden can positively impact your overall well-being. An uncluttered and well-maintained outdoor space can provide a conducive environment for relaxation and recreation. It encourages outdoor activities, fostering a connection with nature that has proven benefits for mental and emotional health. Regular rubbish removal is, therefore, not just about cleanliness but also about cultivating a space that promotes your family’s overall wellness.

Rubbish Taxi can quickly clear your garden so you can regain your precious space. Waste removal service can be used to collect, remove and dispose of all types of garden waste. This includes branches, leaves and shrubs, trees, twigs and pot plants, grass clippings, garden furniture, and other general rubbish. We are licensed and fully insured. All of our waste is disposed off at licensed recycling facilities.